This will help you to manage change in your workplace, organization, or for a project.
Complete this four part process to conduct a thorough stakeholder analysis.
Consider first reading “Why a Stakeholder Analysis is so important”
1. Identify your stakeholders
- Seek input from the project team while identifying your stakeholders
- Consider anybody impacted, positively or negatively, by the change
- List both individuals and groups that are needed for a successful change
2. Prioritize your efforts to manage stakeholders.
- Complete an influence & interest grid
- Assess status of each stakeholder: Unaware, Resistant, Neutral, Supportive, Advocate
3. Understand each stakeholder with inputs from your project team.
- How they will be impacted
- Capacity for change
- Best ways to communicate with them
4. Plan your engagement with each stakeholder.
- Create a communication plan
- Brainstorm and decide on engagement tactics
- Assess and plan for training needs
- Incorporate above elements into overall project plan