A stakeholder analysis is critical to any change management effort and when completed properly will help ensure the success of your initiative. This will help you to manage change in your workplace, organization, or for a project.
Has your project been experiencing these problems? These are all issues that can be fixed or improved by completing a thorough stakeholder analysis & engagement plan.
Common issues encountered with inadequate stakeholder management:
- Incorrect rumors
- Lack of manager support
- Lack of awareness in project
- Not completing required training or prerequisites
- Customer dissatisfaction
- Low employee morale
- Employee confusion & frustration
A stakeholder analysis will help us to:
- Understand the needs of your key stakeholders
- Deliver the right information at the right time to those that need it
- Ensure leadership alignment
- Mitigate resistance
- Avoid misinformation or assumptions
Complete this four part process to conduct a thorough stakeholder analysis.
- Identify your stakeholders
- Prioritize your efforts to manage stakeholders
- Understand each stakeholder with inputs from your project team
- Plan your engagement with each stakeholder