Why is a Communication Plan so critical?
Change can be stressful and unsettling for employees, so it’s important to effectively communicate the rationale for the change and how it will affect them.
Follow this communication template to capture the complexity in audience groups, key messages, timeline and communication tactics.
A thoughtful & planned communication strategy will help your project or initiative avoid these issues:
- Incorrect rumors
- Lack of awareness in project
- Not completing required training or prerequisites
- Employee confusion & frustration
With a completed Communication Plan, you can expect these outcomes:
- Deliver the right information at the right time to those that need it
- Avoid misinformation or assumptions